The resources in this packet cover a 10-day teaching cycle, and it comes with everything you need (except the books, of course) to engage your students with this delightful book by Andrew Clements (Houghton Mifflin edition) and originally published by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers.
Common core comprehension strategies like cause/effect, inference, questioning strategies, character traits - and more - receive the focus.
If project-based learning is your thing, there are 9 possible end-of-the-book projects, too.
* complete lesson plans specific to core reading comprehension strategies
* scripted and detailed plans so the group can be led by a teacher, parent, or para-professional
* assignment sheet for student with book broken into 10 days
* assessment sheet for teacher to record points for participation and comprehension activities
* 8 comprehension activities with graphic organizers
* 9 possible projects for end-of-book activity
Please note: we do NOT include questions specific to the book itself. We love reading Literature Circle books along with the students, and hope you will, too.
The lesson plans are structured with the focus on comprehension, student input and collaboration, and projects that can be assigned for homework or used in class. Just how easy is it for paras or parent volunteers to use our lesson plans? Use a clipboard to hold the assignment chart, evaluation chart, lesson plan pages and that day's activity - and you are ready to go! Every year we get parents in our grade (who have already been through Lit Circles with us) asking us to please do Lit Circles again this year. Many parents who have helped in the past are repeat group leaders - yes, it is that much fun to share these books with our kids!
Be sure to check back in the coming weeks as we add additional titles! (If you have a particular title you are looking for, please let us know in the "ask a question" section of our store. We would be happy to adapt what we have to fit a book you use with your students.)
It All Started with Flubber