I always had trouble finding materials for literature circles that seemed appropriate for high school students. Most materials that I found were either geared for upper elementary or had roles that were a bit superfluous.
So, over the last few years I've been creating and tweaking my own set of materials, and the quality has gotten to a point where I think it's worth sharing.
This package includes everything that you need to get literature circles up and running smoothly:
• Five roles: Moderator, summarizer, illustrator, researcher, and literary critic
• Assignment sheets for each role with detailed directions and high-school appropriate rigor
• Book preference slips for students to select their books
• Neat schedule slips to stave off students' confusion about rotating role assignments
• A short guide on how to set up, run, and troubleshoot literature circles
• And an Excel spreadsheet to help you set up groups
All handouts are in both .docx and .pdf formats.
**Check out the preview!**