Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- This bundle of Core Knowledge 7th Grade ELA curriculum covers many of the of the key components of the Core Knowledge 7th Grade English sequence, pages 175-179.I. Writing, Grammar and Usage (p. 175) B. Speaking and Listening Better Communication Skills Teaching Listening Skills Teaching$45.27$50.30Save $5.03
This resource provides the materials to form literature circles for students to work together, understand and enjoy the essays “Shooting an Elephant” by George Orwell and "The Night the Bed Fell" by James Thurber. Students will think about what they read, write responses to these essays in their discussion logs, and will discuss their ideas in small groups with other students.
What’s included in this bundle?
Altogether, this bundle includes 60 PDF pages, 44 digital pages, and 12-16 lessons. Included in this bundle are:
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- Timeline of George Orwell’s Life
- Timeline of James Thurber's Life
- "Shooting an Elephant” Word Account
- "The Night the Bed Fell" Word Account
- Student Examples from a Word Account
- Discussion Log Directions
- Evaluation of Discussion Log (editable)
- Guidelines for Literature Circle Discussion
- Prompts to Help Your LC Move Along
- Basic Structure of Your Literature Circle Discussion
- Evaluation of Discussion (editable)
- Literature Circle Calendar (editable)
- Teacher Guiding Questions “Shooting an Elephant” by George Orwell
- Teacher Guiding Questions "The Night the Bed Fell" by James Thurber
- "Shooting an Elephant” Test (editable)
- "The Night the Bed Fell" Test (editable)
- Answer Keys
- Bulletin Board Display Topic Choices (editable)
- Bulletin Board Display Rubric (editable)
- Bulletin Board Presentation Evaluation (editable)
What resources are included in this bundle?
Are digital resources included?
The handouts, rubrics, and tests within this bundle are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to links that will allow you to open files in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student's completed version of the slides.
Your feedback is much appreciated and helps me better serve you. Please consider leaving feedback about how this resource worked in your classroom. Plus, each time you provide feedback, you earn TpT credits that can be redeemed for free and discounted resources on TpT in the future.
If you like this product, please follow my store by clicking the green star at the top of my store page, next to the logo. This will notify you about new products in my store.
You can find my blog online at roostersteachingresources.com, and I can be reached by email at email@example.com.