The 13 page “Literature Lovers’ Book Clubs unit aims to enhance students’ enjoyment and appreciation of literature by engaging them with their reading and by sharing their reading with their peers. It’s main features consist of;
1) Student selection of own reading.
2) Forming of small temporary groups based on book choice.
3) Use of a variety of learning styles.
4) Regular meetings fostering open participation, discussion and sharing by all students.
5) Students adopting a variety of roles.
6) Teacher as facilitator.
7) Student peer & self-monitoring & self-evaluation.
The Literature Lovers’ Book Clubs unit contains the following;
1) Introduction explaining the purpose of the on-going group reading sessions.
2) Explanation of group members’ roles.
3) Description of the overall reading and group task to be undertaken by all students.
4) Description of individual activities to be selected & completed during different stages of the group sessions.
5) Copies of logbook and form templates to be completed by students.
6) Examples of possible group discussion topics.
7) Additional literature activities for consideration.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License