This game can be played using any fiction text that has been read as a class.
20 Scoot cards covering title, author, character, setting, problem, solution, genre, point of view, theme, making connections
Student answer sheet - 2 sided
3 Posters for text to self, text to text, and text to world connections
**** Because this can be used with any text an answer key can not be provided.****
1. Cut out each numbered question card and place one randomly on each student’s desk and/or in other locations around the room.
2. Copy the answer sheet and give one to each student.
3. Each student starts at an assigned spot and answers that question. Be sure students record the response on the answer sheet by the correct space! Everyone cannot start at one!
4. On your command of “Scoot” (or whatever signal you choose) each student moves one seat over in the direction you have chosen for the game. (You may wish to practice moving throughout the route first!)
5. The students continue moving along the route of the game until they have answered every question and have returned to their original spot.