This is a unit on "Ma'ii and Cousin Horned Toad" that I did as a part of our literature-based Social Studies unit on folktales (first grade).
The unit includes:
- Graphic organizers for vocabulary classification (e.g. "Who?", "Where?", etc.)
- Picture sequencing activity
- Matching picture to word activity
- Fill-in-the-blank sentences about the story
- Story board with story elements (e.g. characters, setting, plot)
This unit also has differentiated elements such as easy to cut out words for students with fine motor challenges.
I have an ASL supported version of this unit available for free upon purchase and request.