Bring literature to life and connect literary characters to art with a fun mask making project (3rd year and above language learner levels and Heritage speakers).
What is included:
• Step-by-step mask making instructions in Spanish and English (Paper maché and clay crafts)
• Student instructions (English version formatted for document camera or smartboard)
• Separate lists (teacher and student provided materials -Spanish only version)
• Craft expressions bilingual word bank
• Verbal and written communication (30 plus) prompts (Spanish only version formatted for document camera or smartboard)
• Sample mask procedures and images
• Daily lesson suggestions
• Instructions for puppets and maracas
• Book list and teacher resources
Your students will look forward to this project every year. The activities can also be utilized as teacher directed, cultural projects, in-class activities and homework assignments. Examples are formatted for the document camera or smartboard. An example of student instructions for printing is also included.
Mask Making Activity is a stand-alone resource. If you need additional activities for literature and culture, please see my other related resources below. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Enrich your current curriculum units and put valuable time back in your hands.
With this product as well as all of Maestra Mapache's activities, you are receiving a multi-use product that will give you opportunity to reuse in new ways again and again. Thank you so much for visiting my store!
¡Mil gracias! Haz un clic and Follow!
Literature Graphic Organizer: Myth and Imagination
Creative Writing Story Development Projects
La Hormiga de Marco Denevi Powerpoint Images and Writing Activities
La Hormiga de Marco Denevi For Children Actividades de ciencia y literatura
Introduction to Latin American Genre "El microcuento"
Cajas de cartón Chocita Project