Your students will love the cute book, featuring a great moral, Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle. They’ll love the story of the friendly blue truck who helps Dump Truck to learn the importance of friends. (The book is sold separately in stores or online.) This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Little Blue's Book Cruise- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme.
5. Little Blue Truck's Absurdities- Repeat sentences while correcting the absurdities.
6. BINGO- Listen to the clues and try to be the first to cover four in a row. (Five different game boards are included.)
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!