PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Preschoolers all over love The Little Blue Truck! This companion is full of speech and language targets to accompany this Christmas-themed book, which is also full of farm vocabulary. Your little ones are sure to be engaged when your therapy plans contain this!
- 10 cards in total, plus cover card; pages 3-4. Use for receptive/expressive tasks, to pre-teach vocabulary from the story, in a sensory bin, and more!
- 9 cards in total, plus cover card; pages 4-5. Pictures depict verbs from the book as well as actions associated with Christmas.
- 12 cards in total, plus cover card; pages 5-7. Target comprehension using wh- questions. Three visual answer choices are provided.
- 13 cards in total, plus cover card; pages 7-8. Questions are based on the book and general knowledge. Visual answer cues are provided, as well as visuals pertaining to each question.
- no-prep, black ink-only worksheet with 4 wh- questions on it. Each question has 3 visual answer choices. Can use dot markers, crayons, bingo chips, mini erasers, etc. to mark answers. Page 9
- no-prep, black ink-only worksheet with 6 yes/no questions on it. Each question has visual answer choices, as well as a visual cue. Can use dot markers, crayons, bingo chips, mini erasers, etc. to mark answers. Page 10
- no-prep, black ink-only worksheet. Students draw a line to connect the character to the tree it wanted. Both words and pictures are used. Page 11
- no-prep, black ink-only story map. Use for sequencing, retelling, and more. Page 12
- Laminate the road and use a box cutter/razor blade to make a slice through the road (follow the white dotted line). Cut out the truck puppet, leaving the two images attached, side-by-side. Laminate, fold in half, and attach to a popsicle stick/paint stirrer/wooden dowel. Place the stick through the hole you’ve cut and use the truck puppet to travel along the road meeting the animals as you read the story. Cut out trees and place them on the road near the corresponding animal. Pages 13-14.
- 3 different types of utterances with 3 phrases each. Students use the visuals to formulate noun+verb, verb+object, noun+verb+object phrases. Target increasing MLU and grammatical morphemes. 9 total utterances, plus cover cards. Pages 16-18.
- 7 cards total plus cover card. Visuals are presented side by side with the singular on the left and the plural on the right. Uses vocabulary from the story/Christmas theme. Page 19.
- 2 different categories with 8 different members each. Sort Christmas decorations vs. vehicles on the sorting mat. Do not cut sorting mat! Pages 20-21.
- 7 CVC cards in total, plus cover card. Cards contain visuals and words. Page 22.
- 15 cards in total, plus cover card. Cards contain visuals and words. Pages 23-24.
- One color and one black ink-only version. Half page sheet contains vocabulary from the book in sequential order. Use lines to correspond with caregivers and describe what the child worked on in therapy. Pages 25-26