Preschoolers all over love The Little Blue Truck! This companion is full of speech and language targets to accompany this spring-themed book, which is also full of farm vocabulary. Your little ones are sure to be engaged when your therapy plans contain this!
- 23 cards in total, plus cover card; pages 3-5. Use for receptive/expressive tasks, to preach vocabulary from the story, in a sensory bin, and more!
- 9 cards in total, plus cover card; pages 6-7. Pictures depict verbs from the book.
- 10 cards in total, plus cover card; pages 7-8. Target comprehension using wh- questions. Three visual answer choices are provided.
- 10 cards in total, plus cover card; pages 8-9. Questions are based on the book and general knowledge. Visual answer cues are provided, as well as visuals pertaining to each question.
- 2 no-prep, black ink-only worksheets with 4 wh- questions per page. Each question has 3 visual answer choices. Can use dot markers, crayons, bingo chips, etc. to mark answers. Pages 10-11
- 1 no-prep, black ink-only worksheet with 6 yes/no questions on it. Each question has visual answer choices. Can use dot markers, crayons, bingo chips, etc. to mark answers. Page 12
- no-prep, black ink-only worksheet. Students draw a line to connect the mommy animal to its baby. Both words and pictures are used. Page 13
- no-prep, black ink-only story map. Use for sequencing, retelling, and more. Page 14
- Laminate the road and use a box cutter/razor blade to make a slice through the road (follow the white dotted line). Cut out the truck puppet, leaving the two images attached, side-by-side. Laminate, fold in half, and attach to a popsicle stick/paint stirrer/wooden dowel. Place the stick through the hole you’ve cut and use the truck puppet to travel along the road meeting the animals as you read the story. (See photo on cover) Pages 15-16
- 3 different types of utterances with 3 phrases/sentences each. Students use the visuals to formulate verb+object phrases, subject+verb+object phrases, and subject+verb+object sentences. 9 total utterances, plus cover cards. Pages 17-20
- 15 cards total plus cover card. Visuals are presents side by side with the singular on the left and the plural on the right. Uses vocabulary from the story/farm theme. Pages 21-22
- 2 different categories with 8 different members each. Sort farm vs. ocean animals on the sorting mat. Do not cut sorting mat! Pages 23-24.
- 23 cards in total, plus cover card. Cards contain visuals and words. Pages 25-27.
- 15 cards in total, plus cover card. Cards contain visuals and words. Pages 28-29.
- One color and one black ink-only version. Half page sheet contains vocabulary from the book in sequential order. Use lines to correspond with caregivers and describe what the child worked on in therapy.
***If you like this book companion, check out the other versions here!