Little House in the Big Woods is a historical fiction text is a wonderful choice for connecting students with pioneer life in the 1860s. This beloved text brings to life the simplicity but hard work of a very different time. This book is a good text for referencing personification as well as exploring the change in agricultural farming practices, ways of life, and personal values.
This resource includes:
• Teacher's Guide - Includes suggested partner/group discussion questions, topics of interest, additional materials, writing prompts, and activities
• Comprehension Questions - Includes comprehension questions that are implicit, explicit, and encourage text to self connections. NOTE: Answer Key is NOT included.
• Word Study List (NOTE: The page numbers given for each word may not align with every copy of LHBW, as the layout for each edition is slightly different.)
• Personification Reference Sheet for the Teacher -- Includes a list of sentences that use personification by chapter (usually 1-2 per chapter)
• Worksheets for students to keep track of examples of personification
Download the preview prior to purchase.
Like what you see? Click here to check out more resources from MW Literacy
Connect on Social Media:
Earn Credit Towards Future Purchases
After you’ve downloaded your purchase, be sure to come back and leave feedback, and you will earn credit points that can be applied toward future TpT purchases.
Copyright © 2016 Marisa L. Ware, MSEd. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2015 Marisa L. Ware, MSEd. All rights reserved. This resource was designed for educational use in one single classroom or home, and may only be used by the buyer. Without the purchase of multiple licenses, distribution in any form to others is prohibited. No part of this resource may be reproduced, re-sold, or claimed as your own. If you choose to blog about this resource or post pictures on social media, please provide credit by linking to my shop at http://www.mw-literacyshop.com