Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
THE LOTUS POND
Little Lotus Reading Comprehension and Fluency Passages with Questions
NEED THIS AT ANOTHER LEVEL?
CORRESPONDING LEVEL AA SET :
Guided Reading for Reading Comprehension and Fluency!
Passages with Questions for Beginner Readers, Pre-reading, Kindergarten, and Level A
1. 10 Reading Passages with a focus on high frequency and Sight Words.
2. 3-4 Simple Comprehension Questions
2. 3 Cover Options (if you want to make a booklet or reading journal)
⟶ Four Simple Sentences (4 to 5 words, predictable text)
⟶ Picture Support for vocabulary and give contextual clues.
⟶ Fluency Stars: Color a star each time you read. Then move onto the questions.
⟶ Simple comprehension questions
⟶ Layout that is Easy to read, understand, and follow.
⟶ Repetitive sentence formats and layout to build reading independence and confidence!
⟶ Circle the answer: Students circle the correct answer
⟶ Circle YES or NO
⟶ Make a connection: Finish the Sentence.
To build stronger comprehension, students will "make a connection" from what they read (relevant to the theme of the text) to come up with their answer.
For lower level students, they can copy a sentence from the story/text.
- My Pets (This is my)
- Big (The __ is big)
- Sleep Time ( I see a)
- The Fast Panda (He can ___ fast)
- Sports (She plays ___)
- Fruit ( I like to eat ____)
- At Our Camp (Here is our ___)
- In the Fall (I see (plural) in the fall) PLUS (in autumn option)
- Breakfast Foods (I eat ___ for breakfast)
* Group or Individual Work
* Homework packet
* Guided Reading
* Improve Reading Fluency
* Group Lessons
* Literacy Centers
* One-on-One Practice
* Pre Reading
* Upper Level Preschool
* Beginner and Struggling Readers
* Kindergarten and First Grade
Please Look at the Preview for DETAILS!
Thank you and Blessings!