This short story bundle includes:
1. The story with pictures
2. A search and find which acts like a close read
3. Examination of Simple, Compound, and Complex sentences within the story
4. Examination of Figurative Language within the story in a scaffolded format
5. A writing prompt about one of the themes of the story
6. Answer keys with a sample writing for the writing prompt too.
The bundle starts with a close read that can be done individually, with partners or whole group. It requires the students to follow along as they read.
It is always important to scaffold the figurative language and then identify it within the text. Their are many important figurative language pieces in this short story.
The sentence examination reinforces that language is made up of a variety of sentence types.
The vocabulary is scaffolded so that the students will use the word properly in a sentence of their own.
There is a writing sample to help stimulate the teacher's mind on what to write.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License