Need some new nursery rhyme activities? This is a complete STEM Unit
to go along with the rhyme "Little Miss Muffet". This nursery rhyme STEM pack will allow you to easily incorporate cross curricular STEM activities
into your classroom with this fun nursery rhyme!
Making Curds & Whey. Teacher demonstration & class discussion. Recording sheet for student observations.
– QR Codes with links to YouTube videos with alternate versions of the rhyme.
– students create tuffets that can hold Miss Muffet. Challenge Announcements, certificates and creation sheet included.
–Graphing lesson – Do you like curds & whey?
Measuring – students measure the width of spiders with the tuffet rulers provided. There are two different size rulers so you can discuss non-standard measurement. Recording sheet is provided.
Spider Puzzle – cut out and laminate puzzle. Students put the numbers 1-10 in order to make the puzzle. B&W version also included.
Spider Pattern Blocks – with student recording sheet.
Retelling activity – full color version of rhyme and a black & white copy for students. Students can circle sight words or specific letters on their copies. You can have students act out the rhyme – with one playing Miss Muffet, one student playing the spider and a third student can be the narrator and recite the rhyme. A cut and paste sequencing sheet is also included.
Craft – Students create 5 thumbprint spiders to go along with my original poem “5 Little Spiders”.
This unit is also included in my STEM Nursery Rhyme Bundle 1
which includes 5 STEM Nursery Rhyme units!
• Hickory Dickory Dock STEM Nursery Rhyme Unit
• Jack Be Nimble STEM Nursery Rhyme Unit
• Tiny Tim STEM Nursery Rhyme Unit
• Twinkle Little Star STEM Nursery Rhyme Unit
• STEM Nursery Rhyme Bundle 1
• Nursery Rhyme Literacy Pack
• Nursery Rhyme Roll & Cover Addition & Subtraction Games!
• Nursery Rhyme Roll & Graph Activity