This packet is 36-page companion to "Little Polar Bear" by Hans deBeer.
Ten language activities for speech therapists, teachers or parents.
1. Story Comprehension: students complete story retell sheets by circling responses.
2. Story Retell: cut apart pictures and retell story using visual cues provided. Sorting mat provided.
3. Comprehension questions: 12 WH
4. Comprehension questions: 12 yes/no.
5. Reinforcement Game Board: use for any learning target.
6. Associations: use clues provided to determine what each character is thinking.
7. Vocabulary: 24 interactive questions provide dynamic instruction to internalize concepts
8. Barrier Activities: use to develop prepositions, following directions, expressive/receptive language
9. Comparison Sheet: compare/contrast story settings (tropics & North Pole)
10. Writing Prompts: have students write or draw responses
Enjoy and please don't forget to leave feedback!