Pythagorean Theorem - "Mini Book" which requires only one piece of 8.5 x 11 paper, no staples or tape required! -
- fold and cut to create their 8-page mini book
- Answer 9 questions
This resource can be used for instructional purposes, a formative assessment, or as a review activity.
- Right Triangle Vocabulary
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Given 3 side lengths, determine if they will form a right triangle (2 problems)
- Given a right-triangle diagram, find the missing leg
- Given a right-triangle diagram, find the missing hypotenuse
- Given 2 points on the coordinate plane, determine the distance between the 2 points
- Given two coordinates, find the distance between
- Real life application problem
Associated Common Core State Standards:
Understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem.
Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to determine unknown side lengths in right triangles in real-world and mathematical problems in two and three dimensions.
Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to find the distance between two points in a
Define trigonometric ratios and solve problems involving right triangles
Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles
in applied problems.