This adorable, original call and response style song is a perfect addition to your music repertoire and is appropriate for your young elementary music students. Students will be focusing on and practicing rhythm patterns ta (quarter note), ti-ti (paired eighth notes), and Z (quarter rest) along with tone set d-m-s-l. Slides included in this presentation are as follows:
1. A lyrics slide.
2. A heartbeat tapping slide.
3. A rhythm notation reveal slide in which rhythm notation patterns magically appear with the click of the computer mouse.
4. Melodic icon notation tapping slides.
5. Reading iconic notation on the staff slides.
6. Reading real melodic/rhythmic notation on the staff slides.
Cute extension idea would be adding puppets to tell the story in call and response style!
Come follow and/or subscribe to my blog at.... Mrs. Kuchta's Corner, An Elementary Music Wonderland!
Check out and “like” my FACEBOOK page too at… FACEBOOK PAGE - Mrs. Kuchta's Corner Elementary Music Wonderland