The Little Red Hen is a classic fairy tale that has been taught in the classroom for many years. Here is a new unit to revamp your units to meet the common core standards, as well as making a non-fiction connect. This unit takes up to 2 weeks and includes videos, close reading, and both an editable art and math connection. Enjoy!
**Four pages of detailed lesson plans**
2. Finding the lesson in the story
3. Comparing two similar texts (different versions)
4. Functional writing- Recipe
5. Math pizza story problems
6. Editable art- Make your own mini-pizza
7. How Flour is Made- Mini book
8. Non-fiction close reading ws
9. Non-fiction structure- sequencing
I hope your students enjoy this unit as much as mine did. Comments and ratings are greatly appreciated!!