Our 27 literacy-focused activities in The Little Red Riding Hood Book Unit
will teach your students all about the traditional fairy tale. Use our hands-on fairy tale activities in centers, small groups, or whole-group instruction.
Little Red Riding Hood Book unit:
• Book List
of Suggested Readings of Little Red Riding Hood
• Little Red Riding Hood Word Bank
(color and b/w version included)
• Little Red Riding Hood Sentences: fill in the blank
• Fairy Tale Elements: students identify fairy tale elements
of Little Red Riding Hood
• Vocabulary Cards (color and b/w versions) for Write the Room
activity, or can be used as retelling
cards. Write the Room recording sheet is included.
• 4 unique Graphic Organizers
: adjectives, Grandma, Little Red Riding Hood and Wolf
• 5 unique Graphic Organizers
to brainstorm: disguise, feeling sick, forests, grandmas and picnics
• 5 Label It
Activity Pages: Students label Grandma, Little Red Riding Hood, Wolf, Wolf in disguise and Woodcutter. Word bank provided.
• Little Red Riding Hood Chatter: students define
the words bouquet, cottage, disguise and hood
• Who Am I?: students use given clues
to indentify characters in Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale
• My Mom/Dad/Teacher Always Says Flip Book: 3 easy-to-make assemble flip books
• Friend Finder: students find friends
who meet criteria and can use recording sheet provided
• Character Connections: a cut and paste
• This Story Reminds Me Of...: students can draw
or write their thoughts
• What’s My Nickname?: Students come up with a unique nickname
picking an adjective, color and something they are always wearing to make their own Little Red Riding Hood nickname. Students illustrate their nickname.
• My Grandmother’s Basket/My Grandfather’s Basket: 2 drawing
activities for students to also list items they would take their sick Grandfather or Grandmother to help them feel better
• What Makes Grandmother Feel Better?: Students draw and list
what makes Little Red Riding Hood’s Grandmother feel better.
• When I Am Sick, I Want My: Students draw and list
what makes them feel better when they feel sick.
• I Like to Visit: Students pick who they like to visit and give reasons
to support their choice.
• Little Red Riding Hood ABC Order
printable: Students alphabetize words
• Little Red Riding Hood Scramble: Students unscramble letters
to make words associated with the story.
• Little Red Riding Hood Word Search
• Wolf Graphic Organizer
: Wolves are, can and eat chart.
• Wolf KWL Chart
• Just Like a Wolf: Students list animals
with big ears, big eyes and a big mouth. Allows students to make a real world connection with the fairy tale.
• Wolf Fact and Opinion
Activity: Students sort cards with facts or opinions about wolves. Recording sheets are provided.
→Look at previews to see details of this unit.
If you love teaching fairy tales as much as we do, check out our Fairy Tale Related Items
• The Frog Prince Activity Pack
• Hansel and Gretel Literacy Activities
• Snow White Activity Pack
Remember to leave feedback to get TpT credits for future purchases!
Click the green star next to our store logo to become a follower and hear about new products!
Have a wonderful day,
All Y’All Need