Fairy Tales are a wonderful way to connect reading and writing in an engaging way for your students. This Red Riding Hood resource has a lot of activities to make skill practice fun! After reading your favorite version(s) of Little Red Riding Hood, these cards, worksheets, and writing papers can be used for centers or guided practice.
- Write the Room – cards in color and line art; two recording sheet options
- Retelling – additional cards for retelling practice or as an assessment in guided reading
- Story Sequencing – cut and paste pictures and writing lines to sequence events
- Comprehension sentence completion
- Vocabulary Word Search
- Graphing – graphing pieces to build class graph and two versions of data recording sheets
- Writing Paper – four options for your writing center or a specific connected writing assignment. Suggestions: practice beginning, middle, and end; share your favorite part of the story; write your own version of Little Red Riding Hood.
Your students may also enjoy this Draw Three and Write with Me Fairy Tale Writing activity. Please share your favorite parts of this resource in the comments. If you have any questions, email ResourceRanch@gmail.com