Also included in
- Teach poetry analysis with confidence and save 20% using these poetry mini units for all 9 poems on the 4th & 5th grade CCSS ELA Text Exemplar list. Task cards, teacher background, notes and answer keys, poem summaries, poet biography, student recording booklets, this set has it ALL and you get$32.40$40.50Save $8.10
Help students have fun and analyze Roald Dahl’s poem, “Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf” with this mini unit task card set. This poem is on the 4th/5th grade CCSS ELA Text Exemplar list. Students read the poem and respond to prompts on 12 task cards citing evidence from the text in their foldable booklet that prints using only 3 sheets of paper. This makes a great center activity or class lesson.
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTE: While this is not a Google Classroom product, you have permission to use this product as a digital product with your students PROVIDED YOU USE THE MATERIALS BEHIND A SECURED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED SITE and materials are NOT posted directly to the Internet for others to view. - HR Updated 4/27/2020 during Covid 19 home learning time.
For teachers, I’ve included a brief summary of the poem, teacher tips and notes, and suggested web links to the poems online plus video or audio links so students can hear the rhythm of the poetry. Also included are a vocabulary word list and “I Can” statements for Common Core 4th & 5th grade ELA ready to print and hang up on your bulletin board. In addition to the task cards, each poem has a one-page “Meet the Author” page and Acrostic Poem worksheets. These make a great extension or center activity for differentiation.
Your purchase includes the password to my poetry analysis web link collection for these poems. I’ve found online sources for you for each poem to build background knowledge, learn about the poet's life, watch videos, listen to audio links, read the poem online, and more.
There's 41 pages of NO PREP materials ready to help you teach and ENJOY poetry.
Students will to cite evidence from the text in their response to these types of questions:
• Finding new vocabulary
• Determining word and passage meaning
• Determining mood
• Determining the setting
• Determining the theme
• Determining the rhyme scheme
• Finding figurative language in the text (alliteration, simile, metaphor)
• Finding author’s point of view
• Making inferences about the poem
• Finding imagery
• Citing evidence to provide descriptions
• Determining overall message and meaning
• Giving opinions
• Finding descriptive language
Materials Included (PDF format):
• Meet the Author
• Student Version of the Poem
• Poem Summary & Teacher Notes
• Poem Vocabulary
• Website Links on www.mrsrenz.com to help you prepare to teach this poem
• What is Poetry
• How to Read a Poem
• "I Can" Statement Wall Posters for 4th & 5th grade CCSS-ELA
• Teacher Version of Task Card Questions & Answers
• Task Cards (easy on the ink in color) – Print 4 per page
• Task Card Answers – print 4 per page
• Student Foldable Book with Printing Directions - color & BW
• Acrostic Poem worksheets
While this set analyzes poems on the 4th and 5th grade Common Core Text Exemplar list, it would help students in other grades learn to analyze poems.
This poem is copyrighted so the student version of the poem is not included but I have included web links to the poem online and included a template to place the student poem.
Please make sure this poem is appropriate for use in your classroom before purchasing. This poem is written by Roald Dahl. Your purchase includes materials that help students understand the poem.
WAIT! BEFORE PURCHASING!
You Might Like these EDITABLE Personal Spelling Dictionaries!
- Primary Grades Spelling Dictionary
- Intermediate Grades Spelling Dictionary
- BUNDLE Grades 1 - 5 Spelling Dictionaries
MORE POETRY RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS MINI-UNIT Grades 4-5
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS MINI-UNIT Grades 2-3