Living and Non-Living Things - sorting real photos, plus printables, for preschool, pre-K and Kindergarten.
This is a collection of activities and printables to complement your science unit studying the characteristics of, and the differences between living and non-living things.
Contents (clickable in the product)
• Anchor poster
• Characteristics of living things discussion posters (color)
• Characteristics of living things discussion posters (b-w)
• Living/nonliving things photo cards for sorting
• Sorting mats for cards
• Discover if object is a living thing by using scientific method of inquiry (6 pages)
• Story starter
• Trace and color
• Matching cards – match animals with the food they eat (living things need food)
• Matching cards – match animals with their babies (living things have babies)
• Predictable lists (2)
• 6 piece puzzles (3)
• Conversations – what do you think they are saying?
• Emergent reader featuring the Evelyn Beyer poem “Jump or Jiggle” (living things can move by themselves)
• Action cards showing the movements from “Jump or Jiggle” for the children to imitate
IMPORTANT: Click the PREVIEW to see more sample pages