Also included in
- Go digital with fun, interactive Google Slides activities. This 5th grade math bundle is a great worksheet alternative for practicing multiplication, division, fractions, and more. These Google Slides activities include preformatted text boxes and moveable pieces making them easy for your students tPrice $43.92Original Price $62.75Save $18.83
- Go digital with fun, interactive Google Slides activities and self-grading Google Forms. This 5th grade math bundle is a great worksheet alternative for practicing multiplication, division, fractions, and more. Google Slides activities are perfect for guided practice, independent practice, and mathPrice $78.05Original Price $111.50Save $33.45
- Are you looking for multiple ways for your students to practice important math skills? This bundle has you covered! Save time with these Google Slides, Google Forms, and Boom Card resources that are perfect for in-person or distance learning.Enjoy tremendous savings by purchasing this 5th-grade bundPrice $188.30Original Price $272.25Save $83.95
Are you looking for interactive ordered pairs activities for your 5th graders? With this Google Slides worksheet alternative, students will practice naming and locating points in the first quadrant of a coordinate plane. This resource is perfect for guided practice, independent practice, and math centers.
Do your students get confused by which coordinate to locate first? These digital activities will provide your students with plenty of practice graphing ordered pairs. The moveable pieces make these activities more engaging than traditional pencil and paper activities.
- Vocabulary matching
- Label the parts of the coordinate plane
- Name the location of the point
- Locate the given ordered pair
- Writing prompt
- 13 interactive Google Slides
- answer key
- instructions for shortening this assignment
- Drag and drop moveable pieces
- Preformatted text boxes
- 8 slides include whole numbers
- 2 slides include decimals
- Ordered pair
This resource was created to support the basic concepts included in the 5th-grade TEKs
5.8 A - describe the key attributes of the coordinate plane, including perpendicular number lines (axes) where the intersection (origin) of the two lines coincides with zero on each number line and the given point (0, 0); the x-coordinate, the first number in an ordered pair, indicates movement parallel to the x-axis starting at the origin; and the y-coordinate, the second number, indicates movement parallel to the y-axis starting at the origin;
5.8 C - graph in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane ordered pairs of numbers arising from mathematical and real-world problems, including those generated by number patterns or found in an input-output table.
You will need a free Google account to access these files.
Tip - Students will need to work in "edit" mode in order to use the movable pieces.
What teachers are saying…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I used this resource in my Google Classroom while we were engaged in distance learning. The directions for downloading and adjusting to the needs of my particular classroom were very easy to follow. My students made many comments about how much they enjoyed this activity. This was a useful and fun way to introduce these skills to my students.” - Kristin L.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I appreciated being able to use this resource with my students as we discussed coordinate planes. The fact that it was in Google Slides made assigning it in Google Classroom so easy. Thank you for creating and sharing.” - Sherry G.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Students were able to navigate these slides easily and I did not receive a single email asking about what they needed to do! Directions were clear, questions were grade-level appropriate, and there was a nice variety of questions.” - Sandra S.
Additional coordinate plane and ordered pairs activities you might like:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TpT purchases!
and save money! Be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are 50% off for the first 24 hours.
Copyright ©Hooty’s Homeroom
All rights reserved by author.
Permission for single classroom use only.