Time for a Brain Break! Develop your students' thinking skills with hands-on cooperative logic activities. You copy the provided picture cards for your students. They work in teams to figure out how to use the clues you provide to line up their cards in the correct order.
Ts can gamify the learning. If Ss think they have right order, they raise their hand. If they are first with a raised hand and the right order, their team gets a point. The team with the most points at the end of the brain break wins a prize. (PS: I like to reward the team with the most right answers with candy).
Build your students' deductive thinking skills, spatial reasoning, vocabulary, and teamwork skills with these ready-to-use, logic activities. You'll find problems, answers and reproducible line-up cards.
This Logic Line-Up reviews African-American Leaders and Achievers in the fields of science, sports, entertainment, and social activism.
It covers the following Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standard Benchmarks: SWBAT
• SS.7.C.2.10 Examine the impact of media, individuals, and interest groups on monitoring and influencing government.
• SS.8.A.4.18: Examine the experiences and perspectives of different ethnic, national, and religious groups in Florida, explaining their contributions to Florida's and America's society and culture during the Territorial Period..
• SS.8.A.4.3: Examine the experiences and perspectives of significant individuals and groups during this era of American History.
• SS.8.E.2.1 Analyze contributions of entrepreneurs, inventors, and other key individuals from various gender, social, and ethnic backgrounds in the development of the United States economy.
• SS.8.E.2.3: Assess the role of Africans and other minority groups in the economic development of the United States.