Time for a Black History Brain Break!
Develop your students' thinking skills with hands-on cooperative logic activities. You copy the provided picture cards for your students. They work in teams to figure out how to use the clues you provide to line up their cards in the correct order.
This Logic Line-Up reviews African-American Leaders and Achievers in the fields of science, sports, entertainment, and social activism. Ts can then do a deeper dive and ask Ss about the individual's contributions to the culture.
Ts can gamify the learning. If Ss think they have right order, they raise their hand. If they are first with a raised hand and the right order, their team gets a point. The team with the most points at the end of the brain break wins a prize. (PS: I like to reward the team with the most right answers with candy).
Build your students' deductive thinking skills, spatial reasoning, vocabulary, and teamwork skills with these ready-to-use, logic activities. You'll find problems, answers and reproducible line-up cards.
It is in Microsoft Word .doc form so that Ts can customize the discussion to fit the needs of their Ss.
It covers the following Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standard Benchmarks: Students Will Be Able To (SWBAT):
• SS.7.C.2.10 Examine the impact of media, individuals, and interest groups on monitoring and influencing government.
• SS.8.A.4.18: Examine the experiences and perspectives of different ethnic, national, and religious groups in Florida, explaining their contributions to Florida's and America's society and culture during the Territorial Period..
• SS.8.A.4.3: Examine the experiences and perspectives of significant individuals and groups during this era of American History.
• SS.8.E.2.1 Analyze contributions of entrepreneurs, inventors, and other key individuals from various gender, social, and ethnic backgrounds in the development of the United States economy.
• SS.8.E.2.3: Assess the role of Africans and other minority groups in the economic development of the United States.
Look for the green ★ star near the top of any page within my GiantScience store and click "FOLLOW" to stand on the shoulders of the ScienceGiant. We'll see further, inspire students, and enlighten inquisitive minds!