How to review withOUT "drill and kill": Logic Line-Ups
This Logic Line-Up reviews the reasons for the seasons, solstices and equinoxes in the Northern Hemisphere.
This PowerPoint Presentation product is used in my Science classes is part of the Kagan cooperative learning strategies called Logic Line-Up. Develop your students' thinking skills with hands-on cooperative logic activities. You provide picture cards and clues for your students. They work in teams to figure out how to use the clues to line up their cards in the correct order. Build your students' deductive thinking skills, spatial reasoning, spatial vocabulary, and teamwork skills with these ready-to-use, logic activities. You'll find instructions, problems, answers and reproducible line-up cards. (PS: I like to reward the team with the most right answers with candy).
These Logic Line-Ups have been classroom tested to help students with the following Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards in Science Benchmarks: Students Will Be Able To (SWBAT)
SC.8.E.5.9 Explain the impact of objects in space on each other including:
1. the Sun on the Earth including seasons and gravitational attraction
2. the Moon on the Earth, including phases, tides, and eclipses, and the relative position of each body.
SC.912.E.5.4 Explain the physical properties of the Sun and its dynamic nature and connect them to conditions and events on Earth.
SC.912.E.5.6 Develop logical connections through physical principles, including Kepler's and Newton's Laws about the relationships and the effects of Earth, Moon, and Sun on each other.
• How to review withOUT "drill and kill": try my Logic LineUp Powerpoint: Seasons and Solstices
• How to review withOUT "drill and kill": try my Logic LineUp: Seasons, Solstices, and Equinox Puzzle
paper and pencil activity
• Question Exploration: What Causes Seasons and the Solstices?