Also included in
- Geometry (First Semester) Notes, Homework, Quizzes, TestsThis bundle contains the following units:• Geometry Basics • Logic & Proof• Parallel & Perpendicular LInes• Congruent Triangles• Relationships in Triangles• Similar TrianglesThese units contain notes, homework assignments, quizzes, st$80.00$101.70Save $21.70
- Geometry CurriculumWhat does this curriculum contain? This curriculum includes 850+ pages of instructional materials (warm-ups, notes, homework, quizzes, unit tests, review materials, a midterm exam, a final exam, and many other extras) for Geometry. All answer keys are included. This bundle opti$180.00$249.95Save $69.95
Logic and Proof (Geometry Curriculum - Unit 2) DISTANCE LEARNING
UPDATE: This unit now contains a Google document with:
(1) Links to instructional videos.
Videos are created by fellow teachers for their students using the guided notes from the unit. Please watch through first before sharing with your students. They might not always be perfect but we are trying our best to help out where we can in a very limited time.
(2) A link to a Google Slides version of the unit.
Each page is set to the background in Google Slides. There are no text boxes; this is the PDF in Google Slides. We are unable to do text boxes at this time but hope this saves you a step if you wish to use it in Slides instead!
This bundle contains notes, homework assignments, four quizzes, a study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Inductive Reasoning and Conjectures
• Compound Statements and Truth Tables
• Conditional Statements
• Related Conditionals (Inverse, Converse, Contrapositive)
• Biconditional Statements
• Venn Diagrams with Logic Statements
• Deductive Reasoning (Law of Detachment and Law of Syllogism)
• Properties of Equality (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Distributive, Substitution, Reflexive, Symmetric, Transitive)
• Algebraic Proofs
• Properties of Congruence (Reflexive, Symmetric, Transitive)
• Segment Proofs
• Angle Proofs
Please download the preview to see a sample outline along with a collage of some of the pages.
Definitions, Postulates, and Theorems included in the proofs:
Definition of Congruence, Definition of Midpoint, Definition of Complementary Angles, Definition of Supplementary Angles, Definition of Angle Bisector, Definition of Perpendicular, Definition of a Right Angle, Segment Addition Postulate, Angle Addition Postulate, Vertical Angles Theorem, Complement Theorem, Linear Pairk (Supplement) Theorem, Congruent Complements Theorem, Congruent Supplements Theorem
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE! Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test. If your Equation Editor is incompatible with mine, simply delete my equation and insert your own.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
More Geometry Units:
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.