Also included in
- This complete debate unit bundle will provide you with everything you need to conduct a successful classroom debate with your secondary students. Lessons included in this massive bundle: 1. Debate Lesson2. Ethos, Pathos, Logos Lesson and Activities3. Logical Fallacies Lesson and Activities4. Creatin$9.50$16.20Save $6.70
- ☛Teach students how to analyze an author’s arguments with Martin Luther King Jr.’s Letter from a Birmingham Jail!☚ Analyzing an author’s arguments can be challenging for students; however, this step-by-step method will make this skill clear and easy while creating an in-depth analysis! ✎Everything y$11.00$21.95Save $10.95
- Analyzing arguments can be so challenging; however, this step-by-step method will make this skill clear and easy while creating an in-depth rhetorical analysis! This digital, engaging, no prep/no plan unit will show your students how to analyze the rhetoric, fallacies, an author's message, and the p$15.50$22.45Save $6.95
- Complete ELA Summer School Bundle will provide you all of the lessons, materials, and activities to teach summer school- ZERO prep involved! From introduction activities and procedure slides (introduced using fun memes) to specific reading and writing strategies that have been the most beneficial to$39.00$74.14Save $35.14
- This entire year of ELA curriculum will take you from the first day procedures and syllabus to the final end-of-year activities. Every day and every lesson is planned and created for your 8th or 9th grade students which leaves you with a no prep, no planning school year! A detailed curriculum map ou$91.00$180.03Save $89.03
Logical fallacies are a critical component to any argument analysis unit! Teach your students this essential life skill through engaging, real-life examples, videos, commercials, print advertisements, and literature examples. You will be able to help your students become critical consumers of information and truly analyze an author's argument and purpose. This is also digital resource. It can be used for distance or e-learning. Each activity will contain a Google File Link Page that will provide you with a Google Doc/Slides for each activity. A video tutorial I created will provide you with some tech tools to assist you with delivering the content via distance learning.
-Real life examples in media to analyze!
-Lesson- PowerPoint and Google Slides that explain with great depth, the 12 most common fallacies with definitions, examples, videos, commercial/media applications, debate examples, and written examples.
-A beautifully designed notes document allows students to record definitions and examples for future use/reference within your argument unit.
-Real life examples in media and politics to analyze!
-Application/assessment activity that gets students moving and collaborating.
-Bell ringer journal to help students practice analyzing media messages and text arguments containing fallacious reasoning. Answer key included!
-Google Apps and PDF documents provided.
-No Prep Plans- Just print or link and go!
-Lesson plans/suggestions for teaching included!
Suggested argument analysis unit outline:
1. Ethos, Pathos, Logos lesson
2. Logical fallacies
3. Analyzing arguments lesson
4. Practice and/or assessment analyzing rhetoric
This unit is apart of my larger Analyzing Rhetoric Unit Bundle- you can save money by purchasing this bundle: Rhetorical Analysis Unit Bundle- Digital and Printable!
Other Analyzing Rhetoric Lessons to Consider:
Save money with these UNIT BUNDLES!