Also included in
- Argument Writing Unit: This unit is common core aligned and includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about argumentative writing including persuasive strategies, ethos, pathos, and logos, and more.This unit focuses on building better arguments and stronger writers b$22.99$30.99Save $8.00
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
- This digital and print logical fallacy teaching unit includes both digital and print teaching materials. The digital files run on the Google platform, and the print logical fallacy resources are included as a secured PDF. It includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students$5.75$10.75Save $5.00
Logical fallacies! This resource is aligned with the common core and includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about logical fallacies. This lesson is ideal for informational text units and argumentative writing units.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 48 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints introduce students to the logical fallacies, shows students what the fallacies look like, and provide examples with explanation.
Logical Fallacies Taught:
Begging the Question
Post hoc ergo propter hoc
The supplementary material includes:
- A suggested lesson plan guide for six days
- NEW: Logical Fallacy Sketch Notes
- NEW: Logical Fallacy Student Reference Sheet
- A 3-column fallacy organizer
- A logical fallacy scavenger hunt collaborative activity
- A worksheet where students identify fallacies
- Logical Fallacy B-I-N-G-O
- A Quiz
- Answer Keys
Other informational text and argumentative writing lessons that might interest you:
Keywords: CCSS, common core, informational texts, informational text, information text lesson, annotating, annotation, active reading, active reading strategies, logical fallacy, fallacies