Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Logical fallacies! This resource is aligned with the common core and includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about logical fallacies. This lesson is ideal for informational text units and argumentative writing units.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 48 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints introduce students to the logical fallacies, shows students what the fallacies look like, and provide examples with explanation.
Logical Fallacies Taught:
Begging the Question
Post hoc ergo propter hoc
The supplementary material includes:
- A suggested lesson plan guide for six days
- NEW: Logical Fallacy Sketch Notes
- NEW: Logical Fallacy Student Reference Sheet
- A 3-column fallacy organizer
- A logical fallacy scavenger hunt collaborative activity
- A worksheet where students identify fallacies
- Logical Fallacy B-I-N-G-O
- A Quiz
- Answer Keys
Other informational text and argumentative writing lessons that might interest you:
Keywords: CCSS, common core, informational texts, informational text, information text lesson, annotating, annotation, active reading, active reading strategies, logical fallacy, fallacies