This packet was created to practice the following long a word patterns:
-ape, -ake, -ate, -ame and -ave
Table of Contents:
1. 4 Read, Trace, Write and Draw Activities: Students practice writing words that end in -ake, -ame, -ate and -ape
2. 5 Roll and Write: Students roll a die and write the long a word in the box.
3. Mega Word Hunt: Students hunt for words that follow long a patterns: (-ake, -ate, -ape and -ame) and write them on their game board.
4. Highlighting long a Words: Students use highlighters to find long a words. Students then write these words on their paper.
5. 2 Long a Word Ladders: Students use the beginning consonants to create new long a words that end in -ake, -ape, -ave and -ame
6. Long a Pictures: Students read and then illustrate the long a sentences.
7. Long a Word Search: Students search for the 6 hidden long a words.
8. Long a Letter Box Puzzles: Students write the long a words in the correct letter boxes.