Long Ago and Now: Compare and Contrast Artifacts & Writing Activity help students understand how to compare and contrast the inventions from long ago and today. This is a series of lessons on compare and contrast, several sorts, and related writing activities.
This mini-unit is in my Long Ago & Now Unit. DO NOT purchase this if you have or are purchasing the whole unit.
• Teacher Notes about Compare and Contrast
• Interactive Mini-book that compares and contrasts artifacts via cut & paste and writing words
• Color Sort Cards
• Black and White Sort Worksheet
• Interactive Notebook Sort with cut and paste images and phrases
• Scaffolded writing pages in both primary lines and straight lines where students can either draw or use the cut and paste images.
• An "If I Lived Long Ago . . . " Writing sheet.
See the preview for more information and photos of the product.
The resources are geared toward second / third grade students and align with Second Grade California Social Studies Social Studies Standards, but can be used in other grades / states as needed.
You might also like:
• Social Studies Bundle
• Biography Research Reports
• Map Skills & Location
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for my newsletter NEWSLETTER
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.