This is a fun racing game that goes along with teaching students about the long and short U vowel sound.
This game is included in my money saving 6 game long and short vowel bundle
Teacher prep needed:
-Print out all pages. For added durability print on card stock, and laminate.
-Cut white edges off the game board and glue both pages to the inside of a manilla folder.
-Cut out game cards.
-Cut out car game pieces or use matchbox toy cars (which can be bought at stores such as the Dollar Tree).
This game includes:
-Game board (2 vertical pages)
-Game cards (36 short u cards, 36 long u cards, and 12 wild cards)
-Car game pieces
-Game score sheet
- Recording sheet (2 pages)
- 1 page word sort
All itms included in both color and black and white
Idea of the game:
1. Shuffle all the cards and place in a pile face down. Then, everyone will choose a game piece. Then decide who will go first.
2. The first player will choose a card from the pile. They will read the word aloud, and then state whether the word has a long or short u vowel sound. if they are correct, they will move the amount of spaces as the card says in the top right corner. However, if they are wrong, they stay where they are.
3. There are also a few cards sprinkled in where you skip a turn, move forward spaces, and even move backward spaces.
4. Once player one finishes, the next player goes. The point of the game is to get as many laps around the track as possible. The player who has gone the most laps around the track at the end of the game wins.
Also, check out my other long and short vowel games!
Long and Short A Game
Long and Short E Game
Long and Short I Game
Long and Short O Game
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases