The first section of this Superhero themed Long Division Math unit provides all you need to teach long division of whole numbers in your classroom. Start with a pretest to see what your students already know. 72 practice problems ranging from 2-digit numbers divided by 1-digit numbers to 4-digit numbers divided by 2-digit numbers provide practice for students at all levels. 48 of the problems are number sentences, 24 problems are word problems. A unit test is provided to assess student learning.
The second section provides practice for long division of decimal numbers. In these problems, the dividends are decimals to the thousandths place. The divisors are single digit whole numbers.
Section 1 contains:
• 10 question pretest with answer key
• 72 practice problems
• Problems 1-6 - 2-digit numbers divided by 1-digit numbers
• Problems 7-24 - 3-digit numbers divided by 1-digit numbers
• Problems 25-36 - 4-digit numbers divided by 1-digit numbers
• Problems 37-48 - 2-digit numbers divided by 2-digit numbers
• Problems 49-60 - 3-digit numbers divided by 2-digit numbers
• Problems 61-72 - 4-digit numbers divided by 2-digit numbers
• Practice answer key
• 10 question Test with answer key
Section 2 contains:
• 36 practice problems
• Problems 1-6 - two digit numbers (tenths) divided by 1 digit number
• Problems 7-18 - three digit numbers (tenths & hundredths) divided by 1 digit number
• Problems 19-36 - four digit numbers (tenths, hundredths & thousandths) divided by 1 digit number
• Practice answer key
VA SOL 4.4 The student will divide whole numbers, finding quotients with and without remainders.
VA SOL 5.4 The student will create and solve single-step and multistep practical problems involving division with and without remainders of whole numbers.
VA SOL 5.5a find the quotient of two numbers expressed as decimals through thousandths (divisors with only one nonzero digit);
VA SOL 6.7 The student will solve problems involving division of decimals.
Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors
Find whole-number quotients of whole numbers with up to four-digit dividends and two-digit divisors
Find whole-number quotients of whole numbers with up to four-digit dividends and two-digit divisors,
CCSS MATH CONTENT 6.NS.B.3
Fluently add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm for each operation.