Long I Word Sort and Center Activities (I, IGH, I-E, Y) :
Are you looking for an engaging way to teach the dreaded long vowel spelling patterns? Word sorts are a hands on way to encourage students to inquire spelling patterns.
>>> Included in the Uncommon Long Vowel Pattern Word Sort Bundle <<<
This PDF Includes :
TWO Long I Word Sort in each color AND black and white:
- Each sort includes 22 words
- TWO header options (Short I / IGH / I-E/ Y and; Header #1, Header #2, Header #3, Header #4)
- Homophone flash cards
- 7 Center activities + Spelling Test Paper
- Answer Key
The 7 center activities include :
- SORT TRACKER : Students record their sort under the correct header.
- YOUR BEST HANDWRITING : Students write their sort list in their best handwriting.
- CURSIVE CHALLENGE : Students can give cursive a test drive while referring to their "Your Best Handwriting" list. (The words are listed in the same order for reference.)
- COLOR BY SORT : Students color a page by spelling pattern.
- ALPHABETIZE EACH SORT : Kids use their "Sort Tracker" to list their words in alphabetical order.
- COMPLETE THE WORD : Students complete the words with a given spelling rule : In separate sections they practice words that end in ew and ue. This includes picture clues for homophones.
- CHOOSE A SPELLING PATTERN : Students complete the words using the spelling patterns they have learned throughout the week.This includes picture clues for homophones.
You Might Also Like:
Long A Word Sorts and Center Activities (Short A, AY, A-E, & AI)
Long U Word Sort and Center Activities (Short U, EW, U-E, & UE)
Long and Short E Word Sort and Center Activities (Short E and EA / Long EE / EA)
Long O Word Sort and Center Activities (OW, OA, O-E, OE)
Vowel Team EI and IE Word Sorts and Center Activities
Short and Long I & O Word Sorts and Center Activities
Long Vowel Pattern Review Word Sorts and Center Activities
Earn TpT Store Credit towards your next purchase!
Teachers Pay Teachers will give you credit each time you leave feedback on a purchased item. (All of my resources include detailed instructions on how to leave feedback on your purchases.)
You can also search for Love, Teach, and Learn at :
Thanks for stopping by!