This is a GROWING resource! :)
UPDATED on 8-20-17
This is a resource FULL of activities to engage your students in learning short and long vowel sounds! Use these resources when you are first introducing the different long and short sounds or as a refresher throughout the year! Many of the activities included can be done both individually or adapted to use as partner work!
In this download you will receive....
- A Long and Short Vowel Picture Sort (w/answer key)
-Searching for Sounds Worksheet-Students identify words with both long and short vowel sounds.
- Long and Short Vowel Sound Flip Books ( One for Each letter) along with several word cards for students to sort through, cut and paste
- Long Vowel Scavenger Hunt Page ( Use these around the classroom or have students remain at their seats and use the books they have at their desks!)
-Short Vowel Scavenger Hunt Page
-2 Roll & Read Pages (One for long vowels and one for short)
-Color the Candy - Students identify Long or Short Vowels by coloring based on the Key
- 2 Spin and Color Pages- Students use a paperclip and pencil to make their own spinner. They spin the wheel and color an object that has that short or long vowel sound they've landed on.
-What's Missing- Using the picture students decide what vowel sound is missing from each word.
- My Little Book of Vowel Sounds- A mini book that is great to have students keep in their book box or at their seat for an easy reference!
- Quick Reference Vowel Sound Posters- Color Posters to use in your classroom . Each poster has two images. One with a long vowel sound and one with a short vowel sound.