Handy little long vowel cards to use with your students to teach and revise long vowels!
- Read the words on the cards over and over again to work on fluency.
- Play 30 seconds: try to explain all the words in 30 seconds to your friend without saying the actual word. For instance "leaf"- it is something that grows on trees and has the long e sound...
- Make a sentence with each word on the card.
- Make silly sentences trying to use more than one of the words in a sentence- The dogs eat meat or steal a leaf in my dream.
- Use the cards as a quick assessing tool. Let the student read through the words and see where he/she still struggles.