This set of five board games will give your first and second grade students an extra boost in reading words with the long vowel sounds of a, e, i, o, and u. Through repeated practice decoding words with the most common vowel patterns, your students will gain automaticity with using vowel spelling patterns quickly and smoothly in their text reading.
Here's what this set includes:
* All Aboard the Brain Train: game board, 72 long a word cards, sorting mat, and
* The Wheel Deal: game board, 81 long e word cards, sorting mat, and writing page
* Twice as Nice: game board, 63 long i word cards, sorting mat, and writing page
* Silly Old Goat, Floating in a Boat!: game board, 63 long o word cards, sorting mat,
and writing page
* The Cute Mule: game board, 36 long u word cards, sorting mat, and writing page
* Suggestions for use as a Family Homework activity, including a parent letter
Here are the spelling patterns included:
* Long a: ai, a_e
* Long e: ea, ee
* Long i: -i-e, -ight
* Long o: o_e, -oa-, -ow, -old
* Long u: -u-e, -ew, -ue
These games are very easy to prepare: just print, cut, and laminate! Or, print only the cards and use them with the interactive version of the game boards on the Easel TpT app. Assign it to students to complete from any device. Easel by TpT is free to use.
Here's what some buyers have said:
* "I am using this now in my Word Work stations and my students love these games!"
* "No matter how much time we spend on tricky spell patterns for long vowels, there are always lots of modest readers that struggle with reading words with these vowel combinations. Thanks for providing cute, interesting games for firsties to use to consolidate their learning with exciting ways to practice reading them. "
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources!
Click here to follow my store. You will receive customized email updates. You’ll also find an occasional "Followers Only" Thank You freebie in your TpT mailbox!☺
Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson