Super big bundle of long vowel resources! Long vowel instruction is fun and engaging with this interactive SMART Board resource. Ready to go! No prep! All you need to do is connect your SMART Board and you’re ready to teach your students the foundations of long vowels. My students love it and so will yours!
337 pages of SMART Board Activities to support your reading, phonics, and spelling instruction! Normally you’d pay $31.50 to buy each one of these units individually, but purchase this bundle, you’re getting all of them for a better price!
This bundle includes the following units:
• Long Vowel “a” Unit for the SMART Board
• Long Vowel “e” Unit for the SMART Board
• Long Vowel “i” Unit for the SMART Board
• Long Vowel “o” Unit for the SMART Board
• Long Vowel “u” Unit for the SMART Board
Within these units students will identify the long vowel sounds in isolation as well as in the context of spoken and written words. Students will explore blending sounds into whole words. Students will apply this knowledge of the long vowel sounds while writing and reading new words.
These units support a variety of different learning styles that naturally lend to differentiation. A variety of activities will be available for student practice that may be chosen based on specific student need.
The activities are grouped by identifying the long vowel sounds, distinguishing between the different long vowel sounds, matching long vowel words to pictures, reading words, and writing words. You will also find links to online activities. Within each group are pages to develop each skill in a variety of methods.
Your students will be able to:
• Identify the long vowel sounds;
• Distinguish between the short vowel sounds and the long vowel sounds;
• Distinguish between the long vowels;
• Identify common long vowel patterns such as CVCe and CVVC patterns;
• Read long vowel words (both real words and nonsense words) with common long vowel patterns; and
• Write long vowel words with common long vowel patterns.
You will also find the pages are either self-correcting or they have answer keys.
337 pages in all!
Please note: This file is a zip file made to use SMART Notebook software. You should have this software to use the file. It is not compatible with other interactive whiteboard software such as ActivBoard (Active Inspire) or Promethean boards.