This is my latest focused word word program that focused on the CVCe long vowel words. I have had trouble finding the exact long vowel activities that only focused on the CVCe vowel pattern rather than all of the long vowels. First graders should be able to not only read, but write the CVCe long vowels by the end of first grade and this is a great packet of activities that will help your students reach that goal!
Included in this packet :
1. I Have Who Has CVCe words
2. Long v. short vowel word sort with all vowels
3. Two other more focused word sorts ( short and long a and u; short and long i and o).
4. CVCe Spin a Word (spin a beginning and then spin an ending) with a recording sheet to decide real v. nonsense.
5. Real v. nonsense word sort (reading and writing of CVCe words)
6. Two more spin games that include a rainbow write spin game and one more variety of spinning a beginning and an ending)
7. CVCe writing assessment activity.
8. Spelling assessment template
9. Flashcards for CVCe practice that can also be used to play the CVCe game "Ride the Slide" word recognition game.
10. Two speed read practice activities that helps student practice CVCe words in isolation and one that helps practice CVC v. CVCe words.