Long Vowel Silent E - Winter CVCe Phonics Literacy Center Games
Add some instant fun to your first grade literacy centers this winter with this set of two games and 72 long vowel word cards with the silent e pattern! Your students will get lots of practice using phonics to decode words with the CVCe pattern!
Your preparation is easy when you use these games - just print, cut the cards apart, and add board playing pieces and one die.
How can these games be used?
- Put several copies of the games and word cards in your winter literacy centers.
- These games are an easy addition to Morning Tubs!
- Put a game board on your document camera for a fun game of Teacher vs. The Class!
- Homeschoolers, when you play these games with your child, you'll have an opportunity to closely observe their strengths and weaknesses in decoding long vowel words in the silent e pattern.
- Tutors, this is an easy-to-transport set that you can play in just a few minutes or make into a longer activity with modifications like, "Read the word and say a sentence that has the word in it". The cute winter graphics will keep your student engaged, and the 16 "Winter Hazard" cards will add to the fun!
- These games are a great choice for fast finishers!
- The board games in this set are so versatile that you may want to print multiple copies. You can use the boards with any flash cards or task cards you already have, like sight words, math fact cards, etc.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Games for Long Vowels A, E, I, O, and U
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy! Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you'll be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources! Just click here to follow my store. You'll receive customized email updates. whenever I list a new item in my store. You’ll also find an occasional "Followers Only" Thank You freebie in your TpT mailbox!☺
Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson