Incorporate phonics and spelling patterns into your reading instruction with these student friendly reading passages. Each set of passages is organized by long vowel and vowel combination spelling patterns.
In each passage:
- Students identify and sort examples of the focused spelling pattern.
- Solve three multiple choice comprehension questions.
- Retell the story with the beginning, middle, and end.
- Write examples of each spelling pattern.
- Use the words in a sentence.
This resource can be used for morning work, homework, or a reading center. You may also use these passages in your reading groups or intervention groups.