Long Vowel Word Work is fun with these easy to prep & use long vowel word mats!
Word Up! was created to give your students practice with their short vowels using familiar word families.
This pack contains 21 different word family mats.
• 1 colored & 1 black & white version of each long vowel mat
• 1 recording sheet for each long vowel family
• Directions for use
Long Vowel Families included:
• long a: -ain, -ay, -ate, -ail
• long e: -eat, -eel, -eep, -eet
• long i: -ice, -ight, -ide, -ine
• long o: -oke, -one, -ore, -ow, -ore
• long u: -ew, -oot, -ue, -ute
• Give each child a copy of the desired workmat (colored or black & white version) and the corresponding recording sheet
• Students cut out the letter cards & mat
• They use the letter cards on the mat to form words
• After making the word, they decide if it's a real word or a nonsense word and then record it on the worksheet.
• Download the preview to see all the mats!
If you've purchased my A Year of First Grade Spelling & Journal Homework, this pack will fit in perfectly! Many of the long vowel patterns from that pack have been used in this product!
Looking for more great products?
Connect with Lucky Learning with Molly Lynch:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches