This simple set of 6 colorful, unique worksheets is sure to bring a little variety to your phonics program.
Learn the difference between a mole and a vole, dig up moles through rhyming, and even make a little pie and fill in the blanks while you're at it.
- Try My Pies: fill in the missing vowels (same for each group) and read the words, then use two of the words created to complete the sentences
- Mole or Vole? use letters that go "underground" like g, j, q, p, and y to pick out words to fit in the blanks to complete the sentences
- Which of My Rhymes? choose a word from a box to complete each sentence
- Digging Up Moles: help put each mole back in its hole by writing a word that rhymes with its word
- Beak Mates: add the missing vowels, then use the words in the sentences
- Eagle Eyes: for each set, add the ending to make rhyming words, then use one of the words to complete the sentence
Words in this packet are almost exclusively --VVC or --VCV with minimal use of consonant blends.