Long vowel “i” Instruction is fun and engaging with this interactive SMART Board resource. Ready to go! No prep! All you need to do is connect your SMART Board and you’re ready to teach your students the foundations of long vowel “i” patterns. My students love it and so will yours!
Your students will be able to:
• Identify the long vowel “i” sound;
• Change a short vowel “i” (CVC) word to a long vowel “i”(CVCe) word by adding a silent e to the end of a short vowel word “i” and read both words.
• Read long vowel “i” silent e words (both real words and nonsense words) and explain the role the silent e has on the vowel sound;
• Identify the “-igh” and “-ie” patterns as long vowel “i” patterns;
• Read long vowel “i” words (both real words and nonsense words) with the “-igh” and “-ie” patterns.
• Write long vowel “i” words with the silent e, “-igh”, and “-ie” patterns.
You will also find the pages are either self-correcting or they have answer keys.
This group of lessons is bundled into two parts:
Part 1: Identify the long vowel “i” sound and guided practice in the three individual long i patterns.
Part 2: Mixed reading and spelling practice with all three patterns.
67 pages of instruction in all!
Please note: This file is a zip file made to use SMART Notebook software. You should have this software to use the file. It is not compatible with other interactive whiteboard software such as ActivBoard (Active Inspire) or Promethean boards.