All 99 of the CVCe words cards come in SIX different versions:
- All letters are missing (4 empty circles) so they build the entire word (ex: _ _ _ _ )
- No letters are missing for struggling students to just match letters(ex: c a k e )
- Just the beginning sound is missing (ex: _ a k e )
- Just the middle sound (vowel sound) is missing (ex: c _ k e )
- Both vowels are missing (ex: c _ k _ )
- Both consonants are missing (ex: _ a _ e)
These are SO much fun to practice CVCe words in a bunch of different skills (word families, initial sounds, segmenting sounds, identifying vowel sounds, etc.). I explain some of the ways to use word cards in this blog post.