See preview for a look at more of the worksheets that are included.
I have created 17 pages of worksheets that focus on long vowel sounds. See thumbnail for the complete table of contents.
Each page is designed to keep the student's attention by providing practice of long vowel sounds in varied ways. Also, by touching upon multiple skills (ex; rhyming words, rhyming pictures, reading words to finish a sentence, and reading words to draw a picture to match) it encourages students to take their time without overwhelming children who are still learning how to read and spell.
This packet provides practice with the following skills and concepts:
1. identifying a picture as a long vowel sound or short vowel sound
2. Choosing the correct word that completes each sentence
3. identifying rhyming pictures and rhyming words (long vowel)
4. drawing a picture of long vowel words or of a sentence that includes long vowel words.
5. choosing the correct word that matches each picture
6. reading long vowel words by choosing the real words among the nonsense words.
7.Sorting long vowel words by word families
8. and more
Assessment pages also include practice spelling long vowel words, identifying the missing vowel in long vowel pictures, practice reading sentences that are made up of different long vowel sounds in order to choose the word that completes each sentence, choosing the long vowel word that matches each picture, and more.
Please check out the preview to get a better look of what is included in this packet.
Great for homework, assessments, independent practice or as part of a phonics lesson.
Also check out my other two phonics packets
1. Short Vowels: Practice and Assessments
2. Blends Digraphs and More: Practice and Assessments