Products in this Bundle (3)
Great resources for Lord of the Flies where students can analyze themes and characters in the text in fun and engaging ways!
This bundle includes:
1. One pager activities for themes, characterization and summaries
2. Theme Analysis Worksheets and Graphic Organizers
3. Character Analysis Worksheets and Graphic Organizers
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
- Compatible with Easel by TpT
ONE PAGER ACTIVITIES
A one-pager is a simple page response allowing students to creatively and imaginatively showcase their understanding of a text.
Each one pager comes with a planning sheet to help students before they create their one-pager.
1. Character Analysis One-Pager
- Focuses on indirect and direct characterization to determine the personality/type of person the character is. Students also identify the characters hopes, dreams, fears, motivations and more!
2. Character Development One-Pager
- Focuses on how a character changes from the beginning-middle-end of the text. Students also identify major events and other characters that influence/develop the change.
3. Theme Analysis One-Pager
- Focuses on identifying a theme topic or theme statement that is present throughout the text.
- Theme Info Sheet also included that defines theme and explains the difference between a theme topic and a theme statement.
4. Chapter Summary One Pager
- Identify the most important events from the chapter.
- Find specific quotes in the chapter related to important events and/or resonated with the student.
5. Student examples
6. Rubric for each one pager
7. Seven one pager templates
THEME WORKSHEETS & GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
- Learn the difference between a theme topic (usually 1-2 words) and a theme statement (message/lesson)
- Identify theme topics repeated throughout the text
- Create a theme statement showcasing a lesson/message they believe is repeated.
- Identify evidence to support their theme topics/theme statement
1. Theme Analysis Info and Planning Sheet
- Defines theme and explains the difference between theme topics and theme statements as well as how to create a theme statement using a theme topic.
- Mind map to help students brainstorm theme topics they believe are present Lord of the Flies.
2. Theme Graphic Organizer
- #1: Students use their theme topic to create a theme statement and identify 4 pieces of evidence showing it is present throughout Lord of the Flies.
- #2: Identify specific characters and setting(s) that relate to/develop the theme,.
4. Answer Keys
- Three answer keys using multiple texts identifying a theme statement present and evidence showing the theme statement.
CHARACTER ANALYSIS WORKSHEETS & GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
- Learn the difference between indirect and direct characterization
- Identify character they believe develop (change) throughout the text.
- Analyze physical traits, actions/behaviors, private thoughts, speech, impact on others, other characters opinions and what all of this reveals about the character they are analyzing
1. Character Analysis Info and Planning Sheet
- Define indirect vs direct characterization and details the 5 methods of indirect characterization.
- Mind map to help students identify characters they believe develop and change throughout the text.
2. Indirect and Direct Characterization Worksheets and graphic organizer
- Focuses on students identifying how the author reveals details about characters through indirect and direct characterization. This enables students to learn about the characters personality, hopes, dreams, fears and more!
3. Character Development Worksheet
- Students use their theme topic to create a theme statement and identify 4 pieces of evidence showing it is present throughout the Odyssey.
4. Three Answer Keys
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Content Pages: 74
FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OPEN A ZIP FILE:
Resources That Might Interest You:
☆ Be sure to follow my store to be alerted about new products.
☆ Want to earn TPT credits that can get you a discount on your next purchase? Don't forget to leave feedback!