PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This packet contains activities to help your students look more deeply into the characters of Piggy, Simon, Jack, and Ralph. There are individual handouts for each character. Questions guide students to consider the island as a microcosm of the greater world and who or what forces in society each of these characters represent.
There are several ways to use this packet.
· Students could work on each character individually and share their ideas with the class or turn them in for a grade.
· Students could work in groups, with each group discussing a single character before sharing their ideas with the rest of the class.
· They could move into groups with a heterogeneous mix of characters to complete the activities before comparing their ideas to the other groups.
· Students could use the ideas on these pages to discuss the idea of a microcosm and how the island represents the larger society.
· Students could also use the ideas on these pages as springboards for a character analysis essay or a body biography project.