Common Core Aligned. No prep, turnkey "Close Reading" exercise that guides and challenges students to develop thoughtful, critical analysis of an excerpt from ch 3-4 "Jack the Hunter" passage . Unique acronyms provide students with focus and direction in annotating the text to identify and organize literary elements found within the text such as characterization, tone, mood, literary devices, figurative language, motifs, and symbols. Close reading questions worksheets offer formative assessment of students' understanding and comprehension of the text.
Check out over 50% savings on our Lord of the Flies Activities Growing Bundle with over 12 Common Core Aligned activities to enhance your instruction of the novel. CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
Lord of the Flies Activities Growing Bundle
If you are interested in a Lord of the Flies close reading bundle that includes 3 different excerpts, visit the link below:
Lord of the Flies Close Reading Bundle
If you are interested in other close reading resources or close reading bundles, visit the link below:
Close Reading Resources
This resource includes
1. PPT Lecture: Close Reading & Annotations 8 slides
2. Student Notes and Exercises: Close Reading and Annotations.
3. Student Book Marks (Annotation Reminders)
4. Wide Margin Copy of the Text for annotations
5. Close Reading Questions 2 pages
6. 28 High Quality JPEG Literary Elements Posters
7. 2 High Quality JPEG Literary Annotation Posters
8. Teacher Resources and Lesson Plan.