PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This packet contains a topic and activities for developing a literary analysis essay on the hunts in Lord of the Flies.
In this packet you will find the following:
1. A big question for students to consider in developing ideas for their literary analysis essay
2. Two pre-writing activities
3. Basic guidelines for writing a literary analysis essay
4. Rough draft pages composed of solid and dotted lines. Students write on solid lines. Dotted lines are there for editing comments (either from peer editing, self-editing, or teacher editing) and corrections/changes. I’ve given you four pages of these, but if students need more, you can certainly run off additional copies.
5. An editing and proofreading checklist
6. Tips to help the teacher guide students to complete the prewriting activities and rough drafts
What you will not find in this packet:
1. Detailed instructions for how to write a literary analysis essay
2. A grading rubric
If you would like a complete unit for students on how to write a literary analysis essay, from constructing a thesis statement to final draft, you can check out my product Literary Analysis Essay Bundle in my TPT store.
There are two more packets like this one that offer additional topic options. If you are interested in giving your students more variety in topics.
You can get all three products in a bundle here. You will save 20% by purchasing the bundle.